1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Mailing address: PO Box 90 01 63, 60441 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Street address: Kasseler Straße 1a, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Frankfurt am Main Local Court: HRB 90941
VAT number: DE276981268, tax number: 45 229 5028
Managing directors: Axel Wirz and Ulrich Fischer
Phone: +49 69 7137699-150
The data protection officer of bioC.info, Ms. Andrea Straaten, can be contacted at the above address, Ms. Andrea Straaten,
or at datenschutz[at]bioC.info.
2. Basic information on data processing
We collect, process and use personal data of users only in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations. This means that user data will only be used if a legal permission or consent has been obtained.
We take organizational, contractual and technical measures to ensure that the regulations of data protection laws are observed and that the data managed by us is protected against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons.
3. Collection and storage of personal access data as well as type and purpose
of their use
When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.bioC.info, the browser used on the user's device automatically sends information to the server of the www.bioC.info website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without the user's intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer
• Date and time of access
• Name and URL of the retrieved file
• Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
• The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of the user's computer and the name of the user's access provider
The mentioned data will be processed by bioC for the following purposes:
• Ensuring a smooth connection of the website
• Ensuring comfortable use of our website
• Evaluation of system security and stability
• Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about the user's person.
When registering or signing up for a user account
If you want to use the user-related bioC features, we offer you the possibility to register online. Data will be processed for this purpose in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. Our General Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the user account.
4. Disclosure of data
In general your personal data will not be passed on to third parties. We will only pass on your personal user data to third parties in the following exceptional cases:
• if you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR,
• if the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPRis necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to
assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
• if a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit c GDPR, and
• if this is legally permissible and required by Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPRfor the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookies that results in each case in connection with the terminal device used specifically. However, this does not mean that we immediately become knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies means that you will not be able to use the login area of our website.
(2) The data generated by etracker on behalf of the provider of this website is processed and stored by etracker solely in Germany by commission of the provider of this website and is thus subject to the strict German and European data protection laws and standards. In this regard, etracker was independently checked, certified and awarded with the data protection seal of approval.
(3) The data processing is based on Art. 6 Section 1 lit f (legitimate interest) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is the optimisation of our online offer and our website. As the privacy of our visitors is very important to us, the data that may possibly allow a reference to an individual person, such as IP address, registration or device IDs, will be anonymised or pseudonymised as soon as possible. etracker does not use the data for any other purpose, combine it with other data or pass it on to third parties.
You can object to the outlined data processing at any time. Your objection has no disadvantageous consequences.
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right to:
• request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information
about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed,
the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of
appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and,
if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
• immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
• request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the
right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal
• pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful
but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have
filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
• receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, current and machine-readable format in accordance with Art. 20
GDPR or to request the transmission to another person responsible;
• in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing
data based on this consent in the future and
• to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of
residence or workplace or our office.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to info[at]bioC.info.
9. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
11. Contact data of the company data protection officer
Our data protection officer is:
FiBL Projekte GmbH
Kasseler Straße 1a
60486 Frankfurt, Germany
Any person concerned can contact our data protection officer directly at any time with any questions or suggestions regarding data protection.